Staff Employment Opportunities
Seeking a job in a dynamic arts organization? Any open positions will be posted below.
KIRKLAND ARTS CENTER EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director of the Kirkland Arts Center (KAC) serves as its chief executive officer. Guided by the mission, vision and values of the organization, and working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides strategic direction for KAC. The Executive Director has responsibility for management and oversight of all aspects of the organization, including programming, fundraising, finances, operations, personnel, facilities, and community relations.
The Executive Director’s scope of responsibilities includes:
- Establishes and achieves development goals for donated and earned income, working with the staff and Board. The Executive Director serves as the lead for fund development for the organization, overseeing grant-writing, events, and individual giving.
- External Relations. The Executive Director represents the Arts Center to external constituencies, furthering the organization’s image and increasing its public reputation locally and regionally. The Executive Director will be a visible public spokesperson for Kirkland Arts Center and must identify and cultivate strategic partnerships that further the organization’s reputation while staying true to its mission.
Organizational Oversight (40%):
- Internal Management. The Executive Director is responsible for effective staff management, including establishing and revising positions to meet the changing needs of the Arts Center, hiring, firing, and setting staff policies and priorities. She or he must oversee an effective volunteer program and be responsive to the needs of the Arts Center’s teachers and students, and mindful of the culture of welcome in the organization. The Executive Director is also responsible for maintenance and stewardship of the Arts Center’s historic home.
- Fiscal Management. Develops the annual budget and manages the organization’s finances, works with the Board Finance Committee to prepare quarterly financial reports for the Board, facilitates the annual audit, and implements appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
- Programmatic Oversight. The Executive Director is responsible for successful programming, both in the Arts Center gallery and in its education program, and for ensuring that the programs further the Arts Center’s strategic vision.
Board Relations (30%):
- Board Liaison. The Executive Director serves as the chief staff liaison to the Board in all Kirkland Arts Center related matters. The Executive Director works collaboratively with the Board of Directors and its committees to develop and implement the strategic direction of the organization and ensures that the Board of Directors has necessary information and reports on a timely basis to facilitate work of the Board. The Executive Director seeks to support the Board’s growth and development.
Additional aspects of the position include maintaining knowledge and awareness of current professional developments relevant to KAC, an ability to handle confidentiality, flexibility in working with a range of individuals of all ages and backgrounds, and willingness to take on other duties as needed.
- The Arts Center Executive Director will be a dynamic leader, an energetic fundraiser, and a thoughtful risk-taker.
- Creative and resourceful, she or he will have a master’s degree in an appropriate discipline or an equivalent combination of education and program expertise, directing and supporting staff and working closely with a committed board and volunteers.
- She or he will have at least eight years of professional experience gained in progressively senior positions, preferable at not-for-profit cultural or educational institutions.
- Budget competence, oversight and hands-on experience similar to that of the Kirkland Arts Center.
- Experience with relational databases and reporting. Comfortable with cloud based technology.
- Mature and self-assured, the Arts Center Executive Director must possess a keen intelligence, professional presence, excellent communication skills, and strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- The Executive Director must enjoy networking and making friends for KAC and be a gifted ambassador who can compellingly articulate the KAC story to a variety of audiences.
Reporting: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is reviewed annually by the Executive Committee.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience, with bonuses at the discretion of the Board. Highly competitive benefits package. The Board reviews the salary annually and adjusts as the budget permits.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, current resume, salary requirements and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org