Staff Employment Opportunities
Seeking a job in a dynamic arts organization? Any open positions will be posted below.
Kirkland Arts Center seeks a Development Director to join our community and contribute to a vibrant, arts-minded culture on the Eastside. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate that has proven strategic capabilities and believes in the power of the arts to transform lives and build community. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will work closely with board leadership to enhance the board’s fundraising efforts, with an emphasis on individual donor and major gift cultivation.
About Kirkland Arts Center
Kirkland Arts Center is a thriving community arts center in the heart of Kirkland, Washington. KAC offers engaging visual arts classes and experiences, with a focus on ceramics and contemporary arts exhibitions, all within an historic landmark facility, the Peter Kirk Building. Signature programs include Kirkland Arts Studio Tour (KAST) featuring 50+ regional artists during Mother’s Day weekend, and ARTbeat, KAC’s annual benefit auction. Classes include sculpture, painting, printmaking, drawing, and mixed media for youth and adults of all skill levels.
- Partner with Executive Director to create and implement annual development plan in alignment with strategic goals.
- Manage 1 FTE Development and Events Coordinator to manage special events and direct mail campaigns.
- Set contributed income budget in coordination with board chair and executive director.
- Oversee the donor database, create reports, campaigns, and ensure data quality control.
- Manage annual fund through website, direct-mail, and email solicitations to meet budget goals.
Major Gift Stewardship
- Engage a portfolio of 20+ major donors, facilitating meaningful encounters with Kirkland Arts Center.
- Develop relationships with new prospects, introducing them to KAC’s programs, executive director, and board of directors.
- Oversee development team and volunteer committees for special events, including ARTbeat, the annual art auction in October, and several small donor cultivation events throughout the year.
- Secure sponsorships, procure donations, and develop volunteer committees for major events.
- Oversee KAC’s grants strategy to seek grants for general operations, facilities, and programs.
- Support Development Coordinator to manage grant prospect research, tracking, and reporting to foundations and government agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Development Director will provide leadership and guidance to board members, staff, and volunteers to reach contributed giving goals including the annual fund and capital fund. Excellent writing and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal and organizational skills are imperative. A solid understanding of financial reporting, budgeting, and accounting procedures is expected. The position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, display initiative, and exercise discretion and mature judgment.
Bachelor’s degree with progressively responsible management and development experience required, preferably with a cultural institution. Masters Degree preferred. Successful individual donor and major gift cultivation, grant writing, and demonstrated accountability to fundraising goals strongly preferred. Computer proficiency and familiarity with donor database systems are required. A strong relationship to the Eastside community is preferred.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The position is full-time, 40 hours weekly. A flexible work schedule can be negotiated. Salary range is $50-$55K and includes generous benefits. The position will remain open until filled, but applicants are encouraged to apply by May 15, 2017. Find out more about KAC at www.kirklandartscenter.org.