Join the KAC Team!
Are you a versatile marketing professional who is eager to use your innovative skills and passion for the arts to tell KAC’s story? Are you an energetic person who approaches your work with both dedication and a sense of humor? We want to talk with you!
The Kirkland Arts Center seeks a collaborative, creative marketing coordinator who can effectively execute our marketing strategy. Join Kirkland Arts Center’s (KAC) growing nonprofit community and help us expand the power of art to all through high-quality arts experiences. For over 50 years, KAC has served the Eastside as a leading voice for arts learning with visual arts classes for all ages and abilities, contemporary exhibitions, and engaging community events. In 2019, KAC begins a new chapter of growth as we continue to broaden and deepen our legacy of providing art experiences to the community as part of our 5-year strategic plan: The Power of Art.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The marketing coordinator will be the direct lead to implement a refreshed marketing strategy which will support a cohesive voice and look for all KAC collateral, internal messaging, and web presence. This role will interface with our 11-person staff in fundraising, education, gallery exhibitions and community engagement events.
Content and Execution Lead
- Develop copy for all marketing materials, such as postcards, posters, brochures, catalogues and special events materials.
- Support staff to deliver content for timely communication with students and the community.
- Utilize design skills in creating posters, postcards and other print collateral in coordination with graphic designer and branding guidelines
- Create quarterly catalogue of KAC classes, events and programs.
- Ensure the archiving of marketing materials following established protocols.
Website & Social Media Lead
- Maintain integrity of KAC’s website, including content
- Communicate with IT Website support
- Maintain a strong social media presence that effectively tells the KAC story.
- Track evaluation metrics for marketing and audience engagement.
- Marketing degree (or equivalent) with 2-3 years of relevant experience; arts organizations and/or non-profits background preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize workload; including, manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Ability to take multiple agendas into consideration.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a writing style that can adapt to voice of organization.
- Skilled in basic photography support. Excellent software skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Constant Contact. Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign), WordPress, and Social Media Management tools.
- Proactive, self-starter who can work effectively as part of a team and independently. Must be approachable and willing to accept feedback.
- Strong verbal communications skills with a variety of in-house and external paid contractors.
- Superior attention to detail, able to proof work prior to release for publication.
- Able to follow existing brand guidelines while also able to offer creative solutions and alternatives.
- Enjoys working in fast-paced, small team, entrepreneurial environment.
The position is for full-time, salary between $35,000 and $40,000, commensurate with experience. Additional benefits including a flexible work environment, 100% covered health and dental insurance for employee, 501b. Staff may register for one free class per quarter.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Kelly Dylla, executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application submission encouraged before June 3.
KAC strongly encourages LGBTQ and people of color to apply. KAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity.