- This event has passed.
July 1 - September 21
KAC is excited to announce the first-ever Digital Exhibition: Speak Up!
Submission has ended. Voting for People’s Choice Award is open!
Speak Up is a digital exhibition that welcomes any form of artwork that addresses equality and equity in our current political climate. In creating a digital space for artists to show their work that connects to equality and equity, Kirkland Arts Center as an organization and a community hopes to learn, listen, and support artists that have been silenced by an oppressive system. We hope to spark important dialogues within this vast, intersectional topic and foster a sense of empathy within the arts and beyond.
How to vote:
- Over the next five days, KAC will be posting each piece in the exhibition. Keep an eye out for these posts. Hint: they have a black frame!
- Cast up to 17 votes for a piece by taking each of the following actions:
- Like the post (1 point)
- Comment on the post (1 point)
- Share the post to your story (5 points)
- Share the post to your feed by taking a screenshot! Then, tag KAC and the artist! (10 points)
- Remember to:
- Tag the artist.
- Tag @KirklandArtsCenter and use hashtags: #SpeakUpwithKAC #SpeakUpMyChoice
- Share why you like the piece.
Rules for voting:
- Voting must take place between 8/17 and 9/20
- Can vote more than once, for multiple artists.
- Each repost must be for 1 piece by 1 artist.
When voting ends, KAC will tally up the votes and announce winners on 9/21. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will receive a $250 cash price and a small exhibition with KAC. Second place will receive a $150 cash price!
Kirkland Arts Center believes that art has the power to transform lives and wants to continue being a platform for voices that need to be heard.
We are grateful for the support from Explore Kirkland with this digital exhibition!