KAC opens it's doors for a Holiday Art Market and Open House on December 7th, from 10am to 7pm. Join us for a new favorite holiday tradition, with opportunities to:
- Shop for Gifts of enduring beauty from the work of 25 local artists, designers and craftspeople with selections from variety of mediums upstairs in the Skylight Room. There will also be a large Student & Instructor Pottery Sale in the KAC Gallery.
- Watch the magic of art-making during Artist Demonstrations throughout the day.
- Marvel at the clay creations made by the masters before your eyes during the "Iron Potter" Competition, and cast a vote for your favorite. Begins at 5pm.
- Enjoy libations during a "Yappy Hour" in a music filled Gallery while viewing the "Gone to the Dogs" Exhibit, which pays homage to our canine companions, and includes the creations of 47 artists. Begins at 5pm.
- Witness your children's creativity at the Craft and Activities Table. 11am-3pm
- Get your chance to register for Winter Art Classes (ages 2 to 102 - beginning through advanced).
- Tour the historic 121 year old Peter Kirk Building. Completed in 1892 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Peter Kirk Building exemplifies commercial Victorian-era architecture, and is one of the last vestiges of the man for whom the City was named.
Event is free to the public, and there is plenty of free street parking.